We are looking to add new members to our Board of Directors!
Prairie Comics Festival INC. is a non-share not-for-profit corporation currently governed by a board of directors. However, as the Festival expands, and our year-round seminars, events, activities and workshops increase, we are looking for more help!
Applications are open until December 31, 2023.
*At this time, we are only considering candidates based in Winnipeg, MB or surrounding areas.
About the Position
There are currently 4 (four) board positions available. Members of the board help to shape the strategic plan and governance of the Festival as it grows.
Board positions are volunteer only, and function within a 2 (two) year term. New Board Candidates are voted in by the current sitting board at the PCF Annual General Meeting in mid-February. Board meetings take place bi-monthly (every 2 months), with the sub-committees meeting more regularly regarding programming or Festival organization.
PCF also has voting and non-voting members who, at our AGMs, will be able to vote on select motions and new business.
Per our mandates and values, BIPOC, LGBTQ2IA+, or any underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply and will be prioritized in order to appropriately match the community PCF serves.
The following are a few things we are looking for in a candidate (many of which are assets but not a requirement):
- Experience and expertise in any of the following:
- Event planning
- Grant Writing
- Human Resources
- Organizational Behaviour
- Social Media
- Strategic Planning
- Experience and/or knowledge of the book and comic industries, particularly with the culture of independent comic festivals or comic cons with a focus on Canada an asset
- Community connections that can dovetail with PCF’s goals and mandates an asset but not a requirement
- Basic knowledge of librarianship
If any of the above sounds like you, please submit a letter of interest including the following to email@example.com:
- Name, pronouns, phone, email and mailing address
- Areas of expertise and experience
- Why you’re interested in joining the PCF board
- Any hobbies or special interests
- Conflicts of interest (if any)
Please note that we will also be creating an Organizational Committee which is led by the Artistic Director and is more focused on the day-to-day activities of the organization. If joining the OC is of more interest to you, please indicate that in your letter!
Thank you so much for taking the time to apply!